Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

Number Two Is On The Way

1-APR-2008:

Not sure when exactly it happened but it did. Last month has got to be the most sexually inactive month we've had in our relationship. I hurt my left chest muscles quite badly and it was painful even when I pushed open a door - don't talk about any actions in the bedroom yet. Therefore, daddy didn't get much "luck" last month. Despite that I am now expecting my second child.

When I first found out two days ago using the "conventional" home pregnancy test kit, I couldn't be sure. Two lines means you're pregnant, one line means you're not. The first line (the control line) came out deep and clear, but the second line - it was there but very faint. Was it there or not? That's what happened when I tried to save a few quids and bought the Tesco brand test kit instead. So then I went out again and got the expensive digital test kit - it says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" instead of showing you lines. I can't possibly have misread this.

Based on my own calculation, the baby's due date is 29 November 2008. Gestational age is 5 weeks (and no, I'm not counting in days too). It has only been two days since I found out but I can already feel my waistline expanding! I guess I'm not going to wear much of my new FCUK dress.

The hardest person to break the news to is Dominic. Until now, we haven't thought of the best way to let him know yet. I think I'm going to make use of the Usborne's First Experiences book again. I have to admit that it has become a very useful book indeed.

And finally, I'm glad that this happened, although I've planned it for 5 months later. Just that now I won't have a chance to "try for a girl" anymore. I can only hope that it's a girl. If I had the chance to "try" it, I'm sure it would have a 75% chance of succeeding based on my theories. When I was expecting Dominic, I had a strong premonition that it was a girl - to the point that I asked the gynae if he was sure when he pointed out the little penis. And now, I can't help feeling that it's a boy. I hope I am wrong again. But if it turns out to be another boy, I'll have a chance to prove my theory the next time. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google