Wednesday, June 11, 2008

 

The Waterworks

11-JUNE-2008:

It's funny how everyone's blog posts seem to make me tearful today. My eye make-up was almost gone by 9:30am. That set a precedence to my mood for the rest of the day, plus the fact that for some reason the TV on my work desk was tuned in to Sky News today and I saw bad news after bad news - father raped and kept daughter imprisoned, dolphins killed, credit crunch, falling house prices (however our rental is still as high as ever, if not higher!). It really does seem like a gloomy day ... but not literally.

On the contrary, the weather has been sunnier than ever and I can finally wear the same outfit both indoors and outdoors. In fact, people are wearing sandals to work.

Dominic is starting at the new nursery on Monday. Since the new nursery is not exactly 'next door', we'll have to leave the house a little early in the future and I'm not looking forward to that. Not because I'm not an early bird, because I am. I wake up at 6:30 in the morning for some yoga before starting the day and I always wake up the same time regardless of whether it's a week day or a weekend. It's because when you have a small kid, you almost always tend to run late - like him doing a poo at the exact moment you wanted to leave the house.

Dominic's bowel movement has been more frequent than usual since we returned from Malaysia. He does one in the morning and one in the evening ... and surprisingly another one the following morning ... and so on. Perhaps he's making up for the many days he failed to produce his output during his time in Malaysia. One night, he called for me at 3am and by the time I got there, he already poo-ed in his diaper and did some more in the toilet. Then on another morning, this happened:

Dominic: (While drinking his milk) Mummy, mm-mm ...

Me: Ha? Can you finish your nan-nan first?

Dominic: (Wailed impatiently) Mmmm ... mummy, mm-mm.

So I took him to the toilet. He did it and went back to finish his milk. As usual, after nan-nan, he would brush his teeth.

Dominic: (While brushing his teeth, he dropped the toothbrush and squat down)

Me: What's wrong? (Then I noticed a piece of shit on the nice Ikea red chair I bought for him!)

I cleaned it up and cleaned him up and as I flushed the toilet, he wailed again, "Mummy, more! More mm-mm, mummy! (almost crying)." He did a huge pile.

I think I've been lucky because toilet training has been so easy that it was effortless. Dominic has started requesting to "wee-wee" even when in his diaper (usually when we were out). A friend told me that I should still bring him to the toilet even though he's wearing diaper. That will take some initiative on my part - lazy, lazy mummy. I have a plan to take him out of diapers altogether when he starts at the new nursery. I wonder what will happen if he screams for the toilet in the bus. He's not the type who would let you make him go to the toilet if he doesn't want to.

Speaking of buses, I noticed that London buses these days announce the next station when it approaches. It's so much more convenient now as I used to lean close to the window to read the name of bus stop when I travel to unfamiliar places.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google