Wednesday, May 28, 2008

 

Not a Very Nice Day

28-MAY-2008:

Three weeks away from London and so much has changed. For starters, we now have a new Mayor. A new shop is opening at the building we're living in - perhaps a take-away restaurant. At work, the stuffs that I was working on previously were all done by my colleagues and now there's a new bunch of cases to attend to. Worst of all, when daddy sent Dominic to the nursery yesterday, he was told that it will be closed down on the 13th of June this year. That gives us only 3 weeks to look for another nursery.

I've called 5 nurseries, out of which 4 were fully-booked until August or September. The remaining one couldn't guarantee a place but will "try" to find a place for me. I haven't got many choices - the nursery has to be near a Tube station AND on the way to work. I have arranged a visit to the Happy Child Nursery at Ealing Broadway tomorrow morning. Even if this nursery has a place for Dominic, there are 3 flights of stairs to conquer in order to get to the street level from the Tube station (yes ... there are many super old Tube stations in London that don't even have escalators, not to mention lifts). I cannot imagine how I'll be able to cope with both Dominic and his buggy.

This morning, the mother of Dominic's "classmate" informed me that a new nursery is opening near our place but it will only be opened on 1st September. Maybe we can endure the hardship for a couple of months.

Anyway, I have decided yesterday that having a car will solve most (if not all) of the problems. So I have paid £50 last night to apply for a provisional driving license (which is like our Malaysian L license). We need that in order to learn to drive or before we can take a driving test. After I get my provisional license, I will need to take the theory test, then probably attend a couple of driving lessons and take the driving test. And finally, we will get a car. To be honest, I don't like driving at all and I'm always afraid of losing my way or having an accident. But I can cope with just driving from point A to point B on a familiar route.

Dominic is not used to going back to the nursery after such a long break. He cried a little when daddy dropped him off yesterday and today. I think it was worse than when he first attended the nursery. This morning, he told us that he "dun want go school".

Yesterday, when I picked him up, I was greeted by a slightly clingy but happy Dominic. However, the drama started when we got home. First, he didn't want his dinner and insisted on having corn flakes. I didn't give in, he cried a lot, but in the end he finished his dinner. Then the drama continued during bath. He refused to get out of the bath tub, refused to put on his clothes. When we were in KL, he wore this shirt (that belonged to his cousin) which had a picture of a handphone on it. Yesterday, he insisted to put on that shirt, but we left that shirt back in KL. In the end, I had to draw a handphone on a piece of paper and stick it on his shirt. And then, he fell asleep on the floor before I had the chance to brush his teeth and read him his bedtime stories. He slept on the floor throughout the whole night. Let's see if today is a better one.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google