Monday, June 16, 2008

 

I Kept My Promise

16-JUNE-2008:

In conjunction with Father's Day last Sunday, and also because I owe it to my 'piu-zheh' who so untiringly typed out the recipe, I made Nigella's Maltesers chocolate cake, as promised. Dominic "helped". Mostly, he whisked the mixture, poured stuffs into the bowl and asked endless questions. He was actually involved throughout the whole process. After all, HE is the son and it was Father's Day.

My own comments -

  1. The cake is quite spongy and chewy rather crumbly, if you know what I mean. I wonder what may have caused that? I think a good piece of cake should come off easily when you cut it with a fork and you see little bits falling off the piece. Do you get what I mean?
  2. The icing is not fluffy enough. My definition of good icing would be that when you bite into the piece of cake, you'll get a "moustache". But this one - the icing tends to stick together and doesn't separate. Perhaps I should've added more water. What do you think?

Dominic is my best food-taster of all times. He took one bite and never returned again, so you know how it was. He only kept coming back for the Maltesers. Daddy thinks that it's presentable and edible, but he only had one piece. This one wasn't such a huge success compared to the previous Oreo cheescake. And the cheesecake was easier to make too! What did I do wrong?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google