Tuesday, June 24, 2008

 

Mummy Has Super Powers

25-JUNE-2008:

My son seems to think very highly of me. Just yesterday, we were on the bus and Dominic was eating corn flakes that I packed for him to snack. He finished it and wanted more but I told him I haven't got more. To my amusement, he looked at me with big round eyes and said "Mummy, do magic?". Hahaha! It took me a while to realize what he was saying as I totally didn't expect that.

When we got to the flat, he wanted to take the stairs instead of the lift. And he was cheeky enough to say "Mummy, carry chair" - by "chair", he meant his push chair! He must think that mummy is really strong.

I can't understand what's the attraction with stairs. Just last Saturday, he made me walk up 17 floors with him. That was really good exercise for me - and I was carrying his toy bike too. As we arrived at each floor, he read out the number on the door. Although he can only read from 0 to 9, he can already "count" up to twenty-something. The only problem is that he doesn't "count" in the right order. Six-three-seven-eight-nine-twelve-two-sixteen-twenty four! Never mind.

This morning, the drama started again. The moment he opened his eyes, he told me that he didn't want to go to school. This is going to take a while. I have prepped him the night before about how nice school is and how clever he'll be after going to school. We even had a conversation on what he did and ate in school yesterday. Dominic's speech is still not very developed but at least he could tell me that he had bread and tomatoes yesterday and that he didn't eat rice. He played with rice grains, sand, paint, cars and wheels (I wonder what kind of wheels). When I went to pick him up yesterday, he even said "School nice! Tomorrow come again". What happened to that excitement? It was as if his memory was erased after the night's sleep. I think he will continue crying for at least another week.

By the way, I have received my provisional driving license. The next step would be to pass the theory test. I can't believe I'm sitting for a driving test at the age of 31! Thanks Ellen, for "signing" my photograph!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google