Wednesday, June 18, 2008

 

Can't Wait

18-JUNE-2008:

Yesterday evening, it took me 15 minutes point-to-point to get to Dominic's nursery from my office. I left at 4:45pm because I weren't sure of the traffic. From the nursery, it took another 45 minutes to catch up on how Dominic was doing during the day, say goodbye and catch a bus home.

I was told that Dominic behaved well, ate all of his lunch, slept for 1 hour and has found a favourite spot next to the book shelf where he spent most of the day. He also wet his pants twice (which is so not typical of him). This morning, I've decided to put him on nappies again until he's more used to the new environment. As daddy put it, you'll be nervous to raise issues with your boss' too on your first day in a new job. From my experience, it will take Dominic a few months to get really comfortable with the people at the nursery.

Daddy has found us a new home just down the road from Dom's nursery. I haven't seen it yet but I trust daddy's judgement. I can't wait to move so that I don't have to wake Dominic up at 6:45am. So that daddy can send him to the nursery instead of me. So that I don't have to see his crying face the last thing before I go to work. So that we can finally be home by 5:05pm!

As predicted, Dominic cried his lungs out again this morning. He was happily playing with a train set until I finally said "Okay, mummy will pick you up at 5". His reaction was instantaneous. It was never so hard with daddy.

I also can't wait for the day when I can send Dominic to the nursery 5 days a week. At the moment, daddy and I are taking turns to stay home every Thursday. It will be a bit of an issue between the time we move to the new place and the time it takes for the broadband to get reconnected. Without Internet, we can't possibly work from home.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google