Thursday, August 28, 2008

 

How Would You Answer This?

28-AUG-2008:

Two nights ago I was reading to Dominic.

Duck and friends are on their way to the park to the play.

I'll bat first, says Duck. I'm so excited I could burst.

Dominic: What's burst?

Me: Burst. When the baloon gets too big, it pops.

Dominic: (Looks intently at my face. Quiet.)

Me: And it bursts. (I make a "burst" gesture with my hands)

Dominic: (Still no reaction from him. He looks like he's trying to think.)

Me: Never mind. (And return my attention to the book)

Dominic: Where's the baloon?

Me: No, there's no baloon in this book. Duck is saying he's so excited he feels like he could burst.

Dominic: (Keeps quiet)

Me: (Turn to the next page and continue reading)

Dominic: Duck no burst? (pointing at Duck)

At this point, I was both amused and a little impatient. It was a good thing he didn't press the "issue" further.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google