Sunday, September 14, 2008

 

I Love My "Siew Pau"

14-SEP-2008:

Last week, I craved for Seremban Siew Pau, so yesterday I made them. I found the recipe below at someone's blog - I can't even remember whose blog was it now - and I have to say the Siew Pau turned out really delicious! I was very, very surprised. When I bit into the Pau, the flaky "skin" came off in layers, just like the real deal.

Below, the recipe yields 56 Pau's but I cut the ingredients into 1/4 and made 14 instead. We finished all in one day, but then they were very tiny ones. It's not really difficult if you follow the steps closely. The difficult part (for me) was shaping the Pau's into a nice Pau shape. As you can see, I did a horrible job. :p

CIMG4413

CIMG4415

Oil Dough

Water Doug

Glaze

Method:

  1. Process the oil dough ingredients in a food processor. Scale it into 20 gm balls.
  2. Process the water dough ingredients in food processor. Scale it into 40 gm balls.
  3. Wrap oil dough inside water dough.
  4. Roll it flat. Then roll it up like swiss roll. Repeat this 3 times.
  5. Repeat step 4 with all the pieces of dough.
  6. Cut each piece of dough into 2.
  7. Roll out each pieces and put in filling.
  8. Preheat oven to 190 C and bake 10 mins
  9. Remove from oven, glaze with egg yolk and bake another 20 mins.

For the filling:

The Steps:

  1. Saute shallot in oil.
  2. Add flour, cook until browned.
  3. Add Char Siew.
  4. Add water, all sauces and sugar.
  5. Cook until gluey.
  6. Add green peas.
  7. Cool it before wrapping the Pau.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google