Wednesday, October 22, 2008

 

The Web Cams Finally Work

22-OCT-2008:

Dominic's nursery is equipped with 3 web cams and parents are able to see their children via the website on the Internet. It's great isn't it? Unfortunately, the cameras weren't working when Dominic first started at the nursery 4 months ago. I don't know when it was fixed since I haven't tried logging in since that first time, but today when I tried again, it worked!

I could see my little boy - first doing some artwork, and then he crawled under the table. Then he gave Eugene a big hug! And now, all the children are gathered - probably for story telling or singing. I'm not sure if there is audio as well but I'm not about to turn up the volume in the office. :-)

The rendering of images is a bit slow. Dom moves so quickly that I keep losing him. Sometimes he goes into another room and I have to switch camera.

Later, I can see what he's having for lunch (although the menu is displayed on a board daily). Unfortunately, I won't be able to see when he goes into the garden since there isn't a camera there. Well, now you know what I'll be doing whenever I'm too free at work. :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google