Tuesday, January 06, 2009

 

What's Next for the Coming Year?

6-JAN-2009:

If the definition of *success* is achieving one's aims and goals, I would have to say that 2008 was a rather *successful* year, only because I did not have any specific aims or goals. Looking back at the 365 days that I've lived through since the first day of the year 2008, I can't recall any significant events (except the bad ones) that is worth telling. Sure, it was a good year and there were numerous happy moments, but no significant achievement. However, at times good things happened unexpectedly, like how daddy got his promotion (but that wasn't my achievement, it was entirely his), or like how sometimes blessings come in disguise, for instance, when Dominic's nursery closed down and we were forced to send him to a better one.

Anyway, I made two resolutions last year: (1) To eat healthy and to exercise; and (2) To sleep early; which I self-assess as 60% achieved (which means I've passed), but I didn't set out any goals for the year which pretty much means that all my goals are 100% achieved *GRIN*.

This year, my resolutions are:

  1. To learn to let go and let daddy take on most of the basic care for Dom. I'll need to remind myself that it's OK if daddy sends Dom to school in his pyjamas, or feeds him sausages and bacon for lunch everyday. I must remind myself not to be bossy and let daddy "do his thing". KPI: By the end of the year, daddy would have taken over the following responsibilities: Getting Dom ready for school in the morning; getting Dom to brush his teeth at night; and bathing Dom during the weekends. By the way, daddy has agreed (and already started) doing all those.
  2. To continue working on last year's resolutions. I am eating so healthily now (by my standard) that I don't think I can ever go back to not eating healthy. I might just need to work a bit more on the exercise part, i.e. having less *lazy days*.

Finally, my goals for this year?

  1. I'm tempted to say "expand my family" but that's not really up to me. Nevertheless, it is still my goal (I can't think of anything else), and if it doesn't happen this year, it will continue to be my goal next year.

Only 1 goal to start with because I'm really serious about it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google