Tuesday, December 23, 2008

 

Dominic's 3rd Birthday!

23-DEC-2008:

My cheeky son turned 3 yesterday! We had wanted to have a small party for him (as usual) but health took a toll on me (and daddy too) so we figured it wasn't such a good idea to have people over and infect them with our flu virus. However, I did manage to bake a cake for him.

CIMG5001
First, I baked two chocolate banana cakes and stacked them together.

CIMG5002
Then I covered the cake in icing that I made myself. I didn't spend a lot of time with the icing mainly because Dominic was beside me repeating "Mummy, let's eat! Let's eat!" He had been urging us to eat the cake ever since I popped it into the oven!

CIMG5003
Then I squeezed decorative icing all around the cake.

CIMG5005
Then I wrote Dominic's name. I had wanted to write Happy Birthday Dominic but no time - the boy was making a lot of noise by now!

CIMG5011

3 years old, and Dominic is now quite different from a year ago.

This year, my birthday present to Dominic is a die cast metal Gordon train. He played with it the whole day yesterday, went to bed with it and took it with him the first thing after he woke up this morning. Daddy on the other hand didn't get his son anything. *Lousy daddy*.

Dominic has grown so much and I love him more than ever. He's a great companion and really fun to talk to. Happy Birthday Dominic!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google