Wednesday, August 19, 2009

 

The 3rd Week

19-Aug-2009:

After more than 2 weeks since we got back here, things are starting to slow down now. I still haven't got my car yet but it is arriving on Monday (fingers crossed). Our daily routine is roughly the following:

  1. Saimun goes to work at 8am++. I eat breakfast and then wake Dom up (he normally sleeps till 9am but I've started waking him up at 8am recently to get him used to waking up early for school next month).
  2. Dom eats breakfast, I sometimes do the laundry if need to and 'lepak' around the house.
  3. At 9:30am, MIL and I start to prepare lunch. Seriously, she cooks 4-5 dishes a day and lunch needs to be ready by 11:30am so it really is quite necessary to start early. Besides she needs time to clean up the kitchen after cooking. Sometimes I get to skive out of cooking lunch when I need to go to the hospital for check-up. :p
  4. 11:45am, the kids eat lunch. I eat at the same time too (around 12pm).
  5. 12:15am, FIL sends Joe (nephew) to school. Everyone except tags along for a ride. Dom said he wants to go because there's air-cond in the car! Meanwhile, I prepare some fruits for Dom and I.
  6. 1:30pm, bathe Dom, read a book and take a nap. This is my favourite part of the day because I get to switch on the air-cond! If it is my own house I would switch on the air-cond the whole day! I then stay in the room for about 2 hours while Dom naps.
  7. 4pm, Dom wakes up and we have a snack - fruits for me and whatever is available for him.
  8. The time between 4pm and 7pm is the hardest for me. There's basically nothing to do. I wish I have my car so that at least I can bring Dom to the playground, or swimming, or some art or music classes, or at least grocery shopping.
  9. 7pm - dinner time, then TV and dessert for the kids, and then I bathe Dom and bathe myself. The rest of the evening is playing/screaming time for the kids.
  10. 8:30pm - the nephews and niece go home and all was quiet in the big old house. I then do some reading and writing with Dom,
  11. 9pm - brush teeth, read a book and go to bed.

We're still house hunting and hopefully we'll find something soon. At least we've now narrowed down our targets and have set a budget.

Last week, I've managed to settle my confinement arrangements. I'll be getting someone (my MIL's butcher's wife) to deliver food twice a day and we'll handle the rest ourselves. Saimun will be on leave for the whole month.

By the way, I haven't been to church since we got back, mainly because of the lack of transportation and also because I haven't found one yet. Will aim to get round to that next week.

I also don't think I can take staying at home for long, especially when I'm not living in my own home. I wish to go back to work. I wish to go back to work now, if somebody would hire me. But I'm also scratching my head on childcare arrangments. My MIL is already taking care of 3 kids (not including Dom) and I don't think she can or wants to take care of another 2 kids. Does anyone have any suggestions?


Comments:
How about day care? Good pre-schools have before/after school care. I found a very good one in Ipoh (which I have enroled SL for next year), I am sure choices are more in KL.
 
I'm not worried about Dom. It's the baby that I'm concerned about. I dun suppose SL's chilcare takes in babies.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google