Sunday, August 09, 2009

 

It's Been A Week

9-AUG-2009:

It's been a week since we got back now. It has been a busy week for both myself and Saimun. Saimun works 12 hours a day and Dominic hardly sees him except for the past couple of days (weekend). It's hard working long hours and I think he's probably going to call it quits after 6 months. :p

Meanwhile, I've bought a car. A brand new Toyota Vios Class E, but I'm only getting it in 2 weeks time.

Dominic's jet lag is gone now but he still takes long afternoon naps, sometimes for 3 hours. I have also established a routine - doing the laundry and helping to cook lunch in the morning and running my errands in the afternoon while Dom is napping. My errands include visiting the gynae, the haematologist, checking out kindies, test driving cars (now done) and on Friday I went out shopping with a friend but took Dom along. At the moment, I had to rely on my FIL and brother to take me to places since I don't have a car yet.

All our stuffs were fully unpacked on the 2nd day since we arrived. Space is scarce but manageable. All 3 of us are sleeping in the same room and I don't really like it. Next week, my mission is to do some house hunting, but I reckon it will be at least 6 months before we can move out. Meanwhile, I'm planning to sell our apartment which we are currently renting out. My MIL is offering to sell me her house (actually it's my FIL's but she's just suggesting). She said I can renovate the house and make more rooms, etc and then we can all live together. But how do I tell her that I need my own kitchen, bathrooms that are dry instead of wet and I really hate handwashing my underpants? I think I don't mind living next door to my in-laws but preferably not in the same house.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google