Monday, August 03, 2009

 

Arrived Safely

3-AUG-2009:

It's been more than 24 hours since we arrived in Malaysia. The past couple of weeks had been stressful and I'm really glad that we finally got here safely.

In the week leading to the day we were scheduled to fly off, my main task was to get a letter from my GP confirming that I was fit to fly. However she needed confirmation from my consultant obs and haematologist before she would issue the letter. I saw my consultant and the result wasn't good as my platelet count has dropped some more to 29. She recommended the anti-D treatment which is infusing human immunoglobin via IV into my blood stream. The logic is to confuse my spleen into not destroying my platelet. Saimun got worried because immunoglobin is a blood product (from the plasma) and there's a risk of allergy and slight risk of shock. So he flew back a week earlier than scheduled. The treatment went through but when my blood count was taken again there didn't seem to be much improvement. We saw my consultant for one last time on Friday (we were to fly off on Saturday). Although my platelet count was still low, thank God she didn't see any problems with me flying at all. However she advised that I get followed up asap after I arrive in Malaysia.

The flight was the most pleasant thus far. Dom slept for 8 hours out of the 12 hours and behaved very well throughout. I had very mild backache but other than that it was really pleasant.

For the past two nights, Dom had been waking up at 2am and he couldn't fall back asleep after 4am. Since he woke me as well I too had difficulty going back to sleep. Both of us just lied in bed wide eyes (him) and brains churning planning on what else needs to be done (me). There are 101 things that I need to do, first and foremost being seen by a doctor, which I've arranged for tomorrow. Next I'll need to get Dom into kindy and then I'll need to buy a car. Saimun went back to work on Monday and I'm basically stuck at home all day, therefore I'll need a car asap. Next, I'll need to get myself a mobile number.

More updates coming soon.


Comments:
Welcome home!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google