Thursday, June 25, 2009

 

Father's Day

25-JUNE-2009:

Last Sunday was Father's Day, as you might already know. As usual, there was a celebration at Dom's nursery but it was held on the Friday before Father's Day. When I first saw the leaflet I thought it sounded really fun. There was a bbq, games, activities, etc and it went on from 3pm to 6pm. At first, daddy said he couldn't go because he had to work, so I asked the nursery if I could attend it instead, but they said it was only for daddies and "special person" (which I guess refers to the man who lives with mum but who's not the dad - pretty common here I think). However, on Friday morning daddy decided to just skive off work and joined the party! After all work is never as important as spending time with your kid.

Sigh ... I really wished I could have been there. I was at work but left the office at 4pm, got home at 4:30pm but was reluctant to drop by the nursery because as they put it I wasn't a daddy nor a special person. So I spent half an hour trying to get daddy on his cellphone but he never picked up. As predicted, he didn't bring the camera and didn't take any photos for me. :-(

I finally went over just when the party was about to finish. There were only 4 dads present. I guess the rest were all at work. A hand-made banner in the garden read "Happy Special Person's Day". Funny when it was Mother's Day, they didn't say "Happy Special Person's Day" too, which I think implies that some kids live with their mums and their mums' partners who are not their dads, but not the other way round.

We didn't do anything special on Sunday but had a nice dinner at a Chinese restaurant.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google