Wednesday, October 29, 2008

 

It's That Time of the Year Again

29-OCT-2008:

When I left the office yesterday, the sky was already dark and it felt like 9pm by the time Dominic and I got home. I can't read in the bus on the way home anymore because there isn't enough light. The same time last year, I loaded my iPod with audio books instead.

The temperature has dipped so low since last week that we're now all in our winter clothes. I thought 15 degrees was cold but it is now only 8 degrees ... 4 or 5 degrees in the morning. I think it even snowed a bit last night. Living here means being cold the whole year round, even during the summer, and I'm liking it less and less.

We got Dominic a big boy bed from Ikea over the weekend and he's sleeping well in it. He watched Daddy assemble the bed and he said "Daddy do the best job ever!" And here, mummy cared for him morning and night and he didn't think I've done the best job. Not ever. (A bit hurt)

CIMG4564

In the morning following the first night he slept in the bed, I heard him coughing and the sound came from right outside our bedroom door - too loud to sound like it came from the room next door. I got out and found Dominic lying on the floor outside our door, and God knows how long he has been there. He said he fell off the bed. The 2nd, 3rd night and etc were uneventful.

At work, there is a new project and I've been fairly busy. Occassionally, I check on Dominic via the webcam. At this very moment, he is watching the teacher craft out a pumpkin lantern for Halloween. He will be going trick or treating with his friends on Friday and Daddy has got him a vampire cloak, devil ears and monster mask. I doubt very much that he will put on any of those. Let's see how it goes on Friday.

I think it is good that Dominic is exposed to both English and Chinese culture. Although we don't do any Chinese celebrations here ourselves but his nursery celebrated Chinese New Year and Deepavali (they call it Diwali here). On Diwali recently, they wore Indian costumes, did Indian dancing and the nursery served Indian food. They even made tea-light holders - after all it is the festival of light. The one below was made by Dominic and I identified it straight away because it was the ugliest one. Haha!

CIMG4566

Dominic has finally dumped the bottle. He is now drinking milk only from a cup (or his bottle without the teat and is used like a cup). Now that he has done it, I'm thinking why get rid of the bottle? It only gives me more work because now I have to keep nagging him to drink his milk and sometimes thrust the cup to his mouth, otherwise it really takes forever! He is still asking for his "nan-nan bottle" occassionally, which I told him I've thrown it away, but he's asking for it less now. I'm sure it's just a matter of time he forgets that he even had a "nan-nan bottle".


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google