Wednesday, May 13, 2009

 

Dreams ...

28-April-2009:


I had a horrible dream. Dom and I were walking on the pavement of a busy street (with fast cars) and he ran ahead of me. I yelled at him to stop but he didn't listen. I couldn't run after him because I was pregnant in the dream. And then he ran across the street! He got to there safe, but when he saw that I was still on the other side, he ran back! Again, fortunately nothing happened to him. I almost had a heart attack (in the dream I mean).


10-May-2009:


I was at the hospital (for what reason I'm not sure). Saimun, Dom and my parents-in-law were there. Somebody said he/she was hungry, so we decided to drive out for some food. We went to a food court, and then I remembered that the doctor was coming for a checkup like about now, so I said I must get back to the hospital. Saimun said he will 'ta-pau' food for me. My mother-in-law took me back. She couldn't drive but with almighty strength, she pulled/pushed the car (actually I think it was a truck) with me sitting in it, all the way back to the hospital. Obviously I couldn't help and had to remain in the car/truck because I was either ill or weak (in the hospital, remember?). Dom hesitated between coming with us and staying with his daddy. Finally, he came with us. When I got back to the hospital room, it wasn't a hospital room anymore - more like a hotel with nice pillows and a TV and VCR recorder. For some reason my mother-in-law had disappeared and my father-in-law was there instead. And there was my aunt (the one who lives in Ipoh). We chatted for a while and then there was loud music from next door. My brother and my cousin David (Cattypants' brother) were styaing next door. My father-in-law asked if I would like to record something from the TV and I said no, we've got everything recorded at home. Then we heard Saimun coming back with food and from the crack at the door I could see that he had at least 3 styrofoam boxes of food with him. I was starving, but he went next door into my brother's room instead and he was there a pretty long time. I was getting annoyed and I complained to the people in the room. Finally, Saimun came in with just ONE styrofoam box. I opened it and it was some unappetizing 'Cheong Fun' in brown sauce with brinjals. I said I didn't like it and refused to eat. I said, you had 3 boxes and you couldn't let me choose first (obviously the 2 brats next door had taken all the good stuffs). He said, "But David WARNED me to let him choose first"! At that, I got up and stormed into the room next door. The 2 brats were sitting on the bed with food in their hands and watching TV. On the table, there were several empty boxes. It looked like they had a real feast (bloody hell). There were some unopened boxes on the table too and I found a packet of fishball noodles. I said, can I take this? And they both shrugged, not even paying attention to me, their eyes fixed on the TV set and mouth chewing. One of them said, yeah, we're already stuffed actually. Then the alarm went off.


12-May-2009:


I woke up and I was in the front passenger seat of a car. Saimun was driving. There were other people in the back but I can't be sure who. I think Dom was there but I'm not sure too. We were in a city that looked very familiar. I said, isn't this Puchong? And somebody said yes. It looked different from what I remembered though - there were lots of new buildings and buildings under construction. I said I missed this country very much. Then a car zoomed past from the opposite direction and narrowly missed us. I said to Saimun, be careful, this is a rented car. We had been driving for a long time ... probably all the way from London (if that's possible). The number plate on our car was a UK one. And then we parked in front of a car service/accessories shop. When I turned, the driver wasn't Saimun anymore. It was my mum. It's funny because I haven't dreamt of her in a long time. I asked her why we were stopping there because I thought we were going to get something to eat. She said she needed to get some spare parts for her car. I said, for MY car you mean. No, it's my car, she argued. And we spent some time bickering and it was good fun. I don't remember what happened after that but I woke up and realized that I can't be bickering with her because she's dead. And for the first time since many, many years I cried for her like I did 9 years ago.



Comments:
You have some weird dreams! But then, maybe I have too, only that I cannot remember any of them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google