Tuesday, June 28, 2011

 

Art Attempt

28-June-2011:

Many months ago, I think it was during Christmas or Dom's birthday that I bought a pottery set for him and a bag of air-drying clay. We've only used it once since, mainly because we haven't gone out to buy more clay although he asked me to several times, and also because I was dreading the mess. The last time we used it, I think I spent more time cleaning up than actually making the pots. Anyway, we made something and Dom gave them to two of his teachers. Here are the photos. They're a bit ugly and irregular, but we were amateurs and Emily was disturbing.

Here are they before they got painted.

DSC00755

And after they've been painted. I have to admit I did all the painting for him. He lost interest after the messy part.

DSC00778

Next, I did some artwork myself too. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to do more because of the lack of time and soon lost the momentum. I'm trying to gather up momentum again but it's not easy. Hehe. So, here are two pieces that I've done back in December last year.

The first is a copy-cat abstract flower - something just to test out what I could or couldn't do:

DSC00743

The 2nd one is an abstract from a photo of Dom and Em. Dom was holding some corn flakes in his hand and Em was taking the food from him. I love this. After this piece I've not had any ideas as good as this. There were a couple of botched jobs after this one which I wanted to redo but haven't done so.

DSC00749

sda


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google