Tuesday, June 28, 2011

 

Then, There was CNY

28-June-2011:

You know, CNY was half a year ago and I've just uploaded the photos. I don't quite remember what happened anymore. For reunion dinner, I had to spend it with my in laws. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I think my pre-married reunion dinners in Ipoh were better. :-)

This year, we ordered food from Dragon-I (or was it I-Dragon) restaurant. It was a take-away and according to Saimun's dad, business was very good as there were lots of people waiting for their take-aways. I think people hardly cook anymore for reunion dinner, especially in Klang Valley. Most would eat out. Majority of the restaurants would run two sessions during that evening - one at 5pm and the other at 8:30pm - either too early or too late, which is why I always prefer to eat at home.

The next day, we had the usual thing with the in laws and then a friend just flew in from the US, so we spent the afternoon with her instead. On the 2nd day, we went to Ipoh. I'm trying to make this customary and so far so good. A thought came in to mind, however. What if (when) my grandmother passes away? Will people still gather in Ipoh like they do now? It's hard to imagine, really. I remember my cousin posted a photo on Facebook of the food that they ate on their reunion dinner. They were the same dishes that I used to have as a kid, year after year. Nothing has changed for over 30 years. Surely my grandma is the one who's holding the family unit together and also the main reason things have not changed for so many years. I'm not sure if things will still be the same if she's not around anymore.

Anyway, we had good fun. My children had fun. :-) You can see that some people were drunk at the end of the night.

First of all, I think my daughter looked like a princess. :-) This was at my in laws' place.

DSC00828

One of the few family photos (of the 4 of us) that we have.

DSC00837

After that, the children performed lion dance.

DSC00857

DSC00860

These were taken in Ipoh (the shop).

DSC00883

DSC00889

These were taken during dinner.

DSC00898

DSC00904

DSC00906

DSC00906

DSC00908

DSC00910


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google