Monday, February 25, 2008

 

Of Things Lately

25-FEB-2008:

Daddy's birthday: We recently celebrated daddy's birthday with a simple birthday-cake-candle-blowing occassion. Dominic was rather excited and he kept blowing off the candles even before we started singing the birthday song.

For his birthday, I got daddy the Sound A Sleep Pillow from Amazon. It has an in-built speaker so that you can plug in your MP3 player and listen to music as you doze off. Daddy has been using it every night since he got it. :-)

Amazon associate programme: About God-knows-how-long ago, I joined the Amazon associate programme hoping to earn some extra money from product referrals. I used to insert adverts and links into my blog (at that time it used to be Blogger at http://skye-vodka.blogspot.com). But then when I "migrated" over to Multiply, I couldn't insert those banners anymore because Multiply doesn't allow scripts, so I very quickly forgot about the associate programme. I recently received an email from Amazon saying that I've earned £1.79. Haha ... well, I guess it's better than nothing.

Wee-wee training: I haven't been very consistent with Dominic's wee-wee training. First of all, daddy thinks it should only be done during weekends. And then when weekends came, I often forgot about it. So, Dominic has had only a total of 4 training sessions so far. I wasn't really expecting any progress so it came as a surprise when one day as I was dressing him up, he kept repeating "she-she". I ignored him at first because I didn't understand what he was saying. It sounded more like "ji-ji". And then he stood up and clutched his penis. So I rushed him off to the toilet and he urinated. Woo-hoo! :-D And then it happened again the next day when he was watching TV. This time, he said "ng-ng-she-she" and he did both. :-) And then it happened again last night after bath. This time he went "wee-wee-wee-wee" for about 30 seconds before I realized what he was saying. Haha! At least, he was able to hold it until he gets to the toilet. So, these are the few "good" moments of the training. 90% of the time, I would ask if he wants to "wee-wee" and he would say no. 5% of the time, I would ask him to try and he would try. 5% of the time, he would pee on the floor 2 seconds after he said no.

Finally, two things I'm happy about today:

  1. I'm happy that Dominic is recovering from chickenpox and has gone back to the nursery today. I really, really hope there'll be no more calls from the nursery telling that Dominic is suffering from some other illnesses. Really!!!
  2. I'm happy that this morning was a really good one - I hope that every morning will be as good as this!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google