Wednesday, February 13, 2008

 

Chinese New Year in London

13-FEB-2008:

Chinese New Year's eve was spent working from home (as mentioned in earlier post), but we managed to have a proper reunion dinner, just the 3 of us.

Chinese New Year's day fell on Thursday and was spent working in the office - sick as well, all 3 of us.

The celebrations did not happen until Saturday evening when we had some friends over for a party. Good food, amusing company, great fun - the only thing missing was the exchanging of 'ang pows'. This year, both daddy and I only gave out one 'ang pow' each - to Dominic, and Dominic only received those two 'ang pows'. He wasn't even interested in them.

Sunday morning, we made our way to central London to watch the CNY parade near Chinatown. Lion dance, people dressed in Ching/Ming/Han dynasty style of costumes, traditional dancers, martial arts performances - it wasn't really that interesting - nothing compared to the Wesak or "9 Wong" parades we get in Malaysia but at least something.

There's a video too - wait for it. :-)

One of the 'lions' nuzzled so close to Dominic that I think it scared him a bit. He buried his face into my shoulders everytime a 'lion' came near.

For the first time in my life, I saw an 'ang mo choy sun', who gave Dominic a gold coin.

Finally, two things that I'm happy about today:

  1. I'm happy that I didn't need to prepare dinner for the past 3 days because there was so much leftover food from the party.
  2. I'm happy that the workshop yesterday went well yesterday and I didn't lose my voice talking.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google