Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

Maeve Binchy

30-OCT-2008:

A couple of days ago, I finished reading my first ever Maeve Binchy book. To be honest, it took me quite some effort to get through the first couple of chapters before I even find the desire to finish the entire book. To say the least, it put me to sleep everytime I held the book. But once I got past the 3rd chapter or so, it got easier - it was like when you drive a car, you can feel the car move swiftly without much effort once you hit the 5th gear.

So ... what's the title of the book again? Oh ... it was "Nights of Rain and Stars". So generic and common it is that I had to refer back to the book to even remember the title - as with the story itself. The story line was so ordinary that it was even realistic - it could actually be a true story, if you know what I mean.

It was about 4 people from 4 different countries who went to Greece for a holiday and they became friends and they each had family or relationship problems - that was why they "ran away" from home. They became friends and they consulted each other about the problems and in then end each one realized "the right thing to do" and it was a very happy ending. The end. And that took 327 pages. Haha!

The author wrote conversations of people speaking in Greek and German (in English) and I think they sounded just like a German or Greek (or Polish for that matter) would speak English. No grammatical errors or misspronunciation but just the way they were expressed.

Conclusion? I will not be paying Maeve Binchy another visit in the near future, unless I have no choice. :-D


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google