Wednesday, May 20, 2009

 

Baby

20-MAY-2009:


The baby is 17 weeks old now and I have started feeling it kick this week. It was more like something poking me from the inside. I've only one ultrasound scan so far - at 12 weeks - and the baby was extremely active. I have no idea yet if it's a girl or a boy but I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter.


I had a dream 2 nights before. I dreamt that I met up with the wife, she checked me up, said a few things and then she asked if I would like to know the gender of the baby. I said yes, of course. She showed me a photo of my ultrasound and asked me what I saw there. There was no doubt at all - I saw a penis. In my dream, I felt disappointment, and when I awoke I was more disappointed at the way I felt in the dream. I shouldn't be disappointed. I should be happy and I should yell - it's a boy! It really shows that I haven't convinced myself yet that I don't mind. But to be fair, I was disappointed too when the doctor told me that Dom was a boy, and look how much I adore him now. Seriously, I had already chosen a girl's name for Dom and he turned out to be a boy.


Dom has been really sweet about the whole thing. He kept asking why the baby's not out yet. He said he'll share his toys and he picked out toys from his toy box that are "baby's toys". He said he'll give the baby his high chair. He kissed my tummy and asked if he can touch the baby. When I said yes, he touched my tummy with feather light touches that I could hardly feel anything. When I pressed his hand firmly on me, he said, no mummy, be gentle, don't squash the baby. He keeps calling me fat. In fact, whenever he sees a fat person, he asks if that person is pregnant. One day, we were at the GP waiting for my appointment and he shouted (quite loudly considering the clinic was quiet), "Look! That people is fat!", pointing at an obese woman who just walked out of the doctor's office. I shushed him and said it's rude to call people fat. That woman either didn't notice or if she did, she didn't show any signs. About 2 weeks later, we were having lunch and another obese woman was nearby (there are quite a lot of them here). This time, he whispered, "Daddy, look. Is there a baby inside?". Daddy said, "I don't know but it's good that you spoke softly!"


I am 50kg now and I don't think that's too much. Is it? I can't be sure about my pre-pregnancy weight but assuming that it was 45kg, I've already gained 5kg.



Comments:
OK, I only just found out that you are pregnant. Congratulations!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google