Monday, September 21, 2009

 

Raya Updates

22-SEPT-2009:

School was off since last Friday and will only resume next Monday (i.e. more than a week holiday). I took Dom out for dinner with my ex-colleagues on Friday night while daddy bought his team out for dinner. We went to different restaurants but we both had seafood and crabs. It was raining heavily that evening and traffic was havoc. As expected I was still "early" despite having aimed to be late for 30 mins. When you have a date with fellow Malaysians you really need not be punctual!

On Saturday morning, we wondered what we shall do for the next 4 days (public holidays on Monday and Tuesday). There isn't much to do here except to eat and shop. In the end, we decided to visit the pet shop at The Curve. It's a nice pet shop really - at least we got to see some animals that we rarely see such as iguanas and baby alligators (I wonder who would buy them as pets). And we saw some pretty expensive puppies. Dom was rather excited but he never once asked us to get him a pet. Not any pet.

On Sunday, I sneaked out at 6:30am to go to church. I've been doing that for a month now since I found out that my MIL doesn't really like the idea. She didn't actually forbid or aske me not to but she mentioned that "Saimun better not ...". I also didn't mention that Dom is baptised and I'm not sure if she knows but at the moment I don't dare bring Dom to Sunday school yet. Anyway, in the afternoon we had lunch with a couple of friends and spent the rest of the afternoon playing Nintendo Wii at their place. At least we didn't spend the day at a shopping mall.

Monday and Tuesday was rather uneventful. We went for a swim, ate out a lot and there was more shopping - there really is nothing much to do except to roam the shopping malls! Tell me, what do you with your weekends? Where do you go? Where do you bring your kids?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google