Thursday, October 01, 2009

 

Anytime Now

1-OCT-2009:

Now at 36 weeks into my pregnancy, I'm now considered full term which means the baby can be born anytime now. Below are photos of myself which I took yesterday morning. These will be the last photos I'll be taking of myself before I give birth. The photos are a bit blur because I couldn't seem to focus on the object in the mirror.

36 weeks

36 weeks

I weigh 57 kg now, which means I've gained 12kg. That's a higher weight gain than my 1st pregnancy, however the estimated size of the baby is smaller than Dom. According to the doctor, the baby is expected to be only about 2.6kg at birth whereas Dom was 3.0kg.

I think I've bought all the essential baby stuffs although I haven't really consulted my checklist yet. I imagine confinement in my in-law's house is going to be a bit tough. The house is sooo hot! Our room is facing the west and in the afternoon it is like an oven and I sweat even though the air-cond is on. My MIL is a weird person who doesn't feel hot - even though the fan has speed setting up to 4, it is always set at 1. Since I don't know what kind of comments I'll get if I turn it on at 4, therefore I'll normally just up it to only 2 if I really can''t stand it. If I really, really, really can't stand it, I'll hide in the room with the fan (a standing one) blowing right into my face at high speed. I guess she's used to the heat. She doesn't allow her grandchildren (apart from Dom) to eat cold fruits that are just taken out of the fridge. And vitagens must be left on the table to "warm up" before the kids can drink it. As for Dom and I, the ice-tray has been put to good use since we arrived! :p


Comments:
Hey Suk Ye. There's a 2 bedroom apartment at the Prince Hotel that is seldom used if you need some respite from the heat ! Cheers, Lai Suk
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google