Tuesday, October 20, 2009

 

I am Blessed

20-Oct-2009:

I gave birth to baby Emily Chim Hui Vern on Monday 12 October 2009, but she only came home today. More on that later. Seeing my two children together, I feel so blessed.

I felt the 1st contraction at around 4:30am on Monday morning - didn't know it was a contraction at first, thought it was a terrible stomach pain. When it occured for about 3-4 times, I was pretty sure I was in labour but decided to wait it out to be sure and kept quiet about it. At 5pm, I went for a pee and noticed bleeding. That alarmed me so I called the doctor. The doctor said I had plenty of time so only go to the hospital at around 7am when there's light and that was what we did. For about 2 hours at home, we packed my hospital bag and washed up the food containers (for the aunty who's going to cook my confinement food). I have to admit the contractions do last longer when I was lying down.

We arrived at the labour ward around 7:30am and I was already 5cm dilated. I gave birth at 8:45am.

This time round, there wasn't any time for any pain relief except the gas, and I must say, the gas was wonderful! At one point, I was so "drunk" that I couldn't hear the others talking anymore, just a ringing in my ears and that felt wonderful. However, I only had it for about 15 mins because then it was time for me to push. Pushing was the hardest thing of all. Dominic was delivered via vacuum because he was facing the wrong way, but this time it was all my effort ... like doing the biggest hardest poo of my life.

Anyway, all was well with me. In fact, I was so alert and energetic that I started calling bankers about our home loan application shortly after that (yes, we bought a house. Also more on that later). However, baby didn't do that well. Because I had ITP (low platelet), my blood had crossed over to hers and caused her to have ITP too. She was kept in the hospital for 8 days for treatment and monitoring and finally today she is home. She's fully recovered now and is a normal baby with no ITP.

Okay, more updates and photos later.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google