Monday, December 21, 2009

 

My 2-Month-Old

21-DEC-2009:

Emily is 2 months old now and seems to be adjusting well to her new life. She feeds well, although rather irregularly. Sometimes she sleeps for long periods of time, way past the time she's supposed to eat. At other times, she appears to be hungry shortly after a feeding and we aren't sure if she's really hungry. However, she will happily comply if we feed her, even though we think she's really not hungry.

I prepare 2 bottles for her every morning (4oz each bottle), and according to her daddy it is "just enough". Daddy isn't sure if I should top up the bottles. Did he have to "make her finish the bottle", or did she finish the bottle on her own but probably can still drink if given more? According to daddy, "it depends". To be safe, I now prepare 3 bottles, starting from today. If she happens to drink only 2 bottles then the 3rd one can be saved for the next day. Daddy thinks she should eat more. She seems to be eating very little compared to Dom but I guess she does most of her feeding at night. She wakes up at least once during the night. Again, her schedule is irregular, sometimes only once at 5am, sometimes every 2 hours at 3am, 4am and 6am for example. Although she may not be hungry everytime she awakes but I think it is best to assume that she is.

Our diapering system is a mix of reusables and disposables. Previously, Emily was using reusable cloth nappies throughout the day (if she didn't leave the house that day) and only one disposable nappy through the night (if she didn't poo that night). I love how her skin appears to be smoother after using the cloth nappies and how I seem to be saving money by using less disposables. However, since Saimun has taken over as full time daddy, he seems to prefer disposable nappies for some reason - I suspect he doesn't like cleaning up the shit after the baby poos. Because I love the cloth nappies so much I'm keeping Emily in them throughout the night. I change her once at about 3am and once in the morning before I leave the house.

Emily often has problem falling asleep in the afternoon and this happens about every 2-3 days. During the rest of the days when she does fall asleep, she'll sleep the whole day long. It is as if she's running a 48-hour cycle, i.e easy for 48 hours and difficult the next 48 hours. Fortunately she seems to be pretty alright at night. My worst night so far is when Emily poos in her nappy and Dominic pees in his bed. I have to admit the latter happens quite often.

I think Emily recognizes my face. She smiles at me pretty often and she likes to "talk" to me. I swear that sometimes she even understands what I say.

She weighs less than Dominic did at the same age. I think she must be 4kg by now - we'll know on Saturday.

She will have her platelet count taken this Saturday. Pray to God for favourable results.

CIMG6352

CIMG6376

CIMG6380


Comments:
Your daughter looks so adorable in her pretty pink dress. Just came across your blog. I find it interesting to read about the role swap between you and your husband. Nice blog. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google