Monday, December 07, 2009

 

The Mother

7-DEC-2009:

The mother feels contented having blessed with two beautiful kids - a son and a daughter. Although the initial plan was to have 3 kids (cut down from an even earlier initial plan of 4), I am now having 2nd thoughts about another kid, after what I've been through with Emily. Yes, the labour was easy-peasy but the worries during and after pregnancy had been enough to make think twice. I will still have ITP. In my next pregnancy, chances are it will be even more severe. The baby is also very likely to be more severely affected. However, the doctor has said that it is entirely safe to have another baby. Question is whether I'll be able to bear the stress.

Either due to experience or luck, I find that being a mother of two isn't all that difficult. *GRIN* At least for now, things are rather smooth and the kids haven't yet drove me crazy. We have been out with the kids many times - for shopping, dinner or just the playground - and so far the new baby hasn't given us any inconveniences. I've even brought both the kids out for lunch and shopping (once) without Saimun and it was an enjoyable experience where Emily slept through most of the time.

I think living with the in laws helps a lot, for example not having to cook and clean the house. As if by magic, lunch and dinner are ready when I'm hungry. :-D I'm really grateful to my MIL for that. Actually, I'm ready to resume my role as "kitchen helper" but unfortunately (for MIL), I'm starting a new role next Monday.

Yes, I've found an avenue for increasing our household income. Saimun will take over the role of full-time father until February. We'll have until February to think about a permanent childcare solution. Hopefully by then, we would have moved in to our new place.

Photo taken about a week after Emily's birth:

CIMG6057

Photo taken about a month after Emily's birth:

CIMG6334


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google