Tuesday, December 29, 2009

 

My 4-Year-Old

29-DEC-2009:

Dominic turned 4 last week! Boy, I feel so old myself! Anyway, we only had a simple cake-cutting ceremony at home and then the best part for him was eating the cake!

We have been back in Malaysia for almost 5 months now and Dominic seemed to have lost weight. Perhaps it is because he's taller now, which makes him look slimmer. He still weighs 15kg (I think that was his normal weight) and he is 104.5cm tall. As most of you can see, he has tanned quite a bit and you know what, he has started talking Manglish! No more posh London accent.

Four-year-old Dominic often says things that surprise us. All of a sudden he would say, I miss snow. All of a sudden he would ask, how can we bring the car back to London? He still thinks that his red bicycle is "at home" in London (actually daddy has sold it). We think that he has very good negotiation skills. He is never obedient like his cousins. We often have conversations like this:

Him: Mummy, can I drink 100 Plus?
Me: No.
Him: Why?
Me: Because it's too late now and you need to go to bed soon.
Him: At night I can't drink 100 Plus?
Me: Yes.
Him: And in the morning I can drink 100 Plus?
Me: Yes, but not first thing in the morning.
Him: My daddy drinks 100 Plus at night. Why my daddy can drink 100 Plus at night?

Or worse still ...

Him: Last time my daddy let me drink 100 Plus at night!

Dominic's favourite toy is still his train set. He likes to assemble the tracks this way and that and to create a "new design" everyday. He also likes to show off his new design. In London, he was allowed to leave his design on the floor but here, he must tidy up otherwise there won't be space to walk, plus his ma-ma mops the floor about 3 times a day. One day, he asked, Mummy can I buy more tracks? I asked him why and he said, because we're getting a big house. :-D That's right, with the new house, he can have the entire 2nd floor for his train track design.

The most common question that I've been asked these days is whether Dominic is jealous of his sister. Well, thank God the answer is no. Not at all. Not even when Emily sleeps right next to me while he has to sleep in his own bed. The initial excitement of having a sister has worn off a bit. Most of the time he just ignores her these days.

Four-year-old Dominic still wets the bed on most nights. We tried to put him back on nappies but he refused. We mentioned it to his paediatrician when we took Emily for her jab and the doctor said he wouldn't worry about it until he's 6.

Four-year-old Dominic is learning Mandarin. His daddy gives him tuition at night. Problem is, his daddy often teaches him the wrong pronunciation. At least, he now knows quite a few words already and is able to communicate with his grandma. He has also picked up a couple of Cantonese words from us, namely "fan kau" and "or si" because those are the only two things that the baby does.

My 4-year-old has just turned 4 last week but next week he will be joining the 5-year-old class in kindy. I hope he doesn't get a culture shock.

CIMG6453

CIMG6455

CIMG6456

CIMG6461

CIMG6466

CIMG6468

CIMG6472

CIMG6474

CIMG6483

CIMG6485

CIMG6490

CIMG6495

CIMG6514


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google