Tuesday, June 28, 2011

 

The Thomas Birthday Party

29-June-2011:

This was not my children's birthday. It was a friend's and it happened in January this year. Long time ago, I know. This was one of the biggest kids party that we've been to. It was held in their residence community hall at Lake Edge Puchong and had a Thomas & Friend theme - Dom's favourite. The parents spent about RM5k just for event management alone, not including the food and other miscellaneous things.

First thing we noticed when we arrived, or rather the first thing Dom noticed was the bouncy castle! The kids went wild in there, except Emily who was too young and too nervous to go near it.

The kids sat in here while there were tables for the adults outside the hall.

DSC00760

There were toys - all Thomas related, Thomas cup cakes, Thomas decorations, etc. Each child got a Thomas party pack. The birthday kids' (there were 2 of them) faces were printed on the party bag. In the bag were a Thomas toy, chocolate bars in Thomas themed wrapper with the kids' faces printed on it and some other stuffs.

DSC00759

DSC00774

DSC00758

And of course, the birthday cake was a Thomas one.

DSC00761

Later, there was a clown who came to tell jokes. It was more suitable for the older kids. Em didn't bother at all. Dom enjoyed it for a while but later asked why the clown talked for so long. In the end, he went off to play instead.

DSC00766

DSC00772

DSC00771

Makes me wonder, will I ever host such a huge party for my kids? The answer is most likely no. Firstly, I don't think I'll spend a few grands on a party and secondly there are only so few people in my life that do matter to me. I don't see the point in inviting all of my colleagues to my kids' birthday, for example. It will make sense to invite Dom's or Em's friends however. It's their party and they should have their own friends. But last year when I asked Dom if he would like his friends to come, he said no, he only wanted his cousins. I think he is so like me. I would want only the people who matter to celebrate my birthday with me too. What's your take in this?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google