Tuesday, May 26, 2009

 

Last Week

26-MAY-2009:


Last week has been a busy one. First, there was suddenly a lot of work (at work), plus I took Monday off so even more work for me when I got back to the office on Tuesday. And then, on Wednesday I worked from home and although there was work to do there wasn't any motivation to do any of it. It was the most unproductive day of the week, and naturally more work piled up for Thursday and Friday.


I am also reading another one of Marian Keyes' books and have reached the point where it is unputdownable, which means every free second is spent with my nose burying in the book. On top of that, after last Wednesday's session at church I was told to read the book of Acts (homework, supposedly). Sometimes I got so sleepy reading it that I kept reading the same line over and over again and kept reading the same line over and over again and kept reading the same line over and over again. Oops! Sorry. Therefore I've been alternating my reading between the Acts and Marian Keyes - normally Marian Keyes would get a more favourable treatment (undoubtedly).


On Saturday, we made a trip to Oxford Street. The mission was to get a pair of shoes for Dominic, a pair of shoes for myself and birthday present for a friend. As always, mission accomplished. :-) The weather was exceptionally warm, so the next day we decided to go the beach! We went to Brighton. We've been there when Dom was a baby but we thought this time he would appreciate it more. Besides, it's the nearest beach to London. It was such a long, tiring day that I thought I would just knock out as soon as we got home. But No. It so happened that Twilight (the movie) was showing on TV that day and I recorded it! And I watched it till past midnight.


What do I think of the movie? I think it was quite disappointing. It was one of the greatest love stories I've read but I didn't feel anything in the movie. I didn't feel the chemistry, didn't feel the bonding. The conversations in the book were written so beautifully (especially when Edward spoke in an 18th century kind of way) but they were not said in the movie. Many scenes were changed, but I think it was necessary to change those scenes for the sake of people who haven't read the book, otherwise they wouldn't understand what was going on, since there wasn't enough time to film every detail. However, I like the baseball scene - that was my favourite.


The following Monday was a bank holiday and I didn't step out of the house at all. I read my book(s), did some filing, did some cleaning up in the kitchen (i.e. throwing out the expired stuffs) and before I knew it, it was evening already. Sigh!


The Britain's Got Talent semi-finals have started since Sunday and will run throughout the week. My evenings are so busy now since I have to allocate time to watch that as well. :p


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google