Monday, November 24, 2008

 

Gochujang

On 8-Nov-2008, the Saturday following Bonfire Night, we went into town to watch the fireworks display, followed by dinner at a Korean restaurant nearby. We had this really delicious dish called 'Dak Gal Bi' which is barbecued chicken in spicy Korean chilli sauce. The dish was cooked in front of us and it looked really simple. There was raw chicken, pepper, onions and topped with a heap of red chilli paste, and you just let it cook in an iron cast pan, stirring it once in a while. And so it looked so simple, I searched for the recipe on the Internet as soon as we got home and discovered the key ingredient to that dish - the Gochujang sauce or Korean chilli sauce. If anyone of you know where I can get this in London and what it looks like, so that I have an idea what I'm looking for, can you please let me know? :-)

Dak Gal Bi was so good that even though it was rather spicy, Dominic ate a lot of it, after which his face and ears turned bright red! If you have kids who don't like drinking water, the best way is to feed them spicy food because then I can guarantee you they'll drink lots of it!

On another note, I think it is such a pleasure to dine out with Dominic these days. He's always so well-behaved (I hope I don't jinx it by saying this!), he knows exactly what he wants and he orders it and best of all, he actually eats. Nowadays, he always asks for spaghetti regardless of where we go - Chinese restaurant, English or Italian. But when spaghetti is not available, he'll eat whatever is served.


Comments:
Ha! Spaghetti is what Andrew asked for wherever he went when he was young. He still ask for them now but pizza holds a higher priority. lol!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google