Friday, November 07, 2008

 

Living Life to the Fullest - Part 2

7-NOV-2008:

Recently, I ran a post asking what it means to live life to the fullest. I received some pretty interesting answers.

It means doing things that I won't regret later

Or the way I interpret it, it can also mean doing things that I won't regret NOT doing later, or not doing things that I would regret later. So a few days ago when I saw this Michael Kors shoulder bag that I really like (and it was on 50% discount), I decided to get it despite the rather heavy price tag because I knew that if I don't, I will regret it later. :p

On the other hand, when I was craving for a Magnolia ice-cream yesterday, I decided NOT to get it because I know I WILL regret it later if I do. So far, I think remembering this concept helps me deal with decisions a little easier. :-D

It's about being nice to people

To be honest, there aren't many people here who I can be nice to, except my family members, my colleagues and strangers. So the other day, when someone stopped me in the street to preach me about Christianity, I stopped to listen and I spoke to him, while normally I would hurry off, excuse being I have no time. I told him that I'm not a Christian but I'm contemplating to be one (in fact I've been attending weekday service every Thursday for the past 3 weeks) and I could clearly see that I have made his day by saying so. It really felt good to make someone happy.

It's about enjoying my work

I have mixed feelings about my job. I can't say that I love it but it's by far the best job I've ever had. I can't point my finger at what's missing but I've taken a positive step forward and told my boss that I'd like to expand my role beyond business analysis and be involved in project management as well. By doing so, I have indirectly volunteered myself into a new project. We'll see how it goes and if I enjoy my work more after that.

It means to try not to think too much

This is a really very interesting thought and one that caught my attention immediately. I think it is good advice but not something that can be achieved easily. I was recently feeling rather low about the weakening pounds sterling but now I understand that there's nothing I can do about it, it's only material and I've got enough money. I have also decided not to think about whether I'll have another kid (or another miscarriage) or if I do, whether it will be a girl. And with that, I have decided to abandon the Shettles method for conceiving a girl and let nature deal with it. I really believe this will help me deal with the disappointment if I am ever going to be 3rd time unlucky.

It is about doing crazy things like climbing Mount Kinabalu or taking Thai cooking classes in Bangkok

Believe me when I say climbing Mount Kinabalu is the last thing in my list of to-dos. If I am ever going to do something interesting, it must involve my whole family. I'm currently doing some research and if Saimun is cool with it, we will go ahead. On the other hand, cooking classes would be something I will consider if I find something suitable.

It is about speding time with loved ones and be happy with life

My life is not complete and if I were to answer the question carefully and truthfully, I have to admit that what I really want is a home where I truly belong - something I never truly had as a child, to be honest. If I were to achieve that in the short term, the best possible way is to move back to Malaysia. And with that, I now know that I have to go back. It is just a matter of time. I know many will think that I've made the wrong decision, but how can anyone know that in MY current situation, MY current circumstances, what is right for me? It is about living my life to the fullest.

Below, the Michael Kors bag I just received today.

Michael Kors Ruched self-tie shoulder bag

d


Comments:
Glad that you finally 'found' some answers! Most important of all, do not worry over something that you cannot control, over something that has already happened. Well, my company just announced that they will be laying off 900 staff, esp IT by end of this month. Many of my colleagues (ok, most) are worried. I told them 'que sera sera', we have no control over this. Another thing which I've learned and have to keep reminding myself is to slow down and 'smell the flowers' - I've a tendency to do things fast, walk fast and.... sometimes I 'left' people I care about behind..
Hope to see you and your family soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google