Friday, November 28, 2008

 

Organize Your Recipes

28-Nov-2008:

For many years, I've kept recipe books that I've bought and recipes that I've collected from magazines and the Internet in a scrapbook. I had even migrated some of my recipe books all the way from Malaysia when I first came to London about 3 years ago. Although hard copy recipes worked fine for me, there were a few things I was looking for to improve the way I organize my meals - especially when I cook everyday.

  1. I have wished often enough that I could do a search on my recipes based on ingredients that I have. For example, if I've bought a tub of creme fraiche and used 2 tablespoons for one dish and would like to make use of the remaining. Or if I have a jar of tomato puree which is expiring soon.
  2. Next, I would like my recipes stored in a place that will never get lost.
  3. And I would like the ability to access the recipes from anywhere. I often prepare my shopping list in the office (when I've got nothing much to do) and then head off to Tesco nearby and would like the ability to refer to my recipes via the Internet.
  4. Finally, I would like the ability to share those recipes with my friends and family.

So for the past few weeks (or months), I have been re-producing the dishes in my recipe books, snapped a photo of each before we gobbled it up and then uploaded them on to this website together with the recipes.

http://wegottaeat.com/discover/profile/sukye

It wasn't much work since I had to cook anyway. I just had to remember not to start chomping before I snapped the photo. Anyway, I'll be adding to the archive on a daily basis.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google