Tuesday, December 02, 2008

 

My First Le Creuset

2-DEC-2008:

Looking at the pictures in Cattypants' blog today reminded me that I've just got my first Le Creuset cast iron casserole pot last week and let me tell you, not all pots are the same!

Previously when I was living in M'sia, I used an AMC pot given by my mother-in-law (the mother who feared that her son was not being well-fed by his wife!), which was very expensive according to her. It was stainless steel, very heavy and not easy to clean if you burn or stain it. And it was also NOT non-stick.

After I moved to London, I've since downgraded to an Ikea stainless steel pot (£5 for a set of 3 - value for money!), and I couldn't notice any difference with the AMC one (but don't mention anything to my MIL about it).

Now, with the Le Creuset cast iron, let me tell you it's amazing. First of all, it heats up very quickly and cooks fast. Secondly, it keeps the heat so well that the first time I ate Maggie Mee in it, the soup remained steaming hot until the last drop. Thirdly, it is so easy to clean and doesn't need any scrubbing at all. Finally, it really looks good on the stove. :-)

We have been cooking all sorts of soup since we got it - the perfect food for the cold winter. I ordered it from Amazon and was expecting a larger pot (based on the measurements in the Amazon website) but it turned out to be a small one. We like it anyway so we didn't return it, and now we're thinking of getting a bigger one.

And I'm also looking to buy a new frying pan. Does anyone have any recommendations?

CIMG4691


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google