Monday, January 19, 2009

 

Can't Believe It's Only 3am

20-JAN-2009:

Third day back at "Boleh-land" and everything is fine, except that I've been lying awake in bed for ages waiting for morning to come only to find out that it's only 3am. Daddy had been up since not-sure-when and he had just gone back to sleep. Meanwhile, Dominic is snoring and doesn't seem to be affected at all.

Our journey was uneventful and Gulf Air (the airline that we took) was better than expected. When we flew MAS previously, the journey took about 12 hours (direct flight) but this time, it took us 16 hours (including 1 hour transit at Bahrain). Something funny (but not unexpected) happened though. I was seated at the aisle, then Dominic, then daddy and the empty seat was at the aisle. A flight attendant asked if daddy and I could switch seats because there was a woman passenger who refused to sit next to man (most definitely a Muslim one). But because daddy was smart, he told the flight attendant to look for another seat instead, so that the 3 of us were fortunate to occupy 4 seats, which means Dom could lie down across 2 seats and he slept for a good time. Half-way through the journey, I overheard a stewardess speaking to a passenger: "Sir, you have to remain in your seat, you're not allowed to sleep on the floor". These middle eastern folks are sure strange! For the first time, I was offered the Malaysian landing card (which I've not even known existed) and suddenly I proudly said "we don't need it because we're Malaysians".

You know how I'm tired of the "stint" we're doing in the UK and I wish to settle down. Actually, it doesn't really matter to me if we settle down in M'sia or in the UK. However, this time round, it took me less than 3 days to realize that in many ways I would prefer the UK, except that there are people here that we love and I would love for Dominic to grow up with his cousins. I told daddy yesterday that there are only 2 advantages of moving back here (apart from the people we love thingy), i.e. (1) The weather (seriously I'm so sick of the English weather), (2) We can afford a nice spacious house here.

Alrighty, I probably should try to get back to sleep. :p


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Google